Thursday 7 October 2021

Bathtime Again!

Last month, while it was still warm and before we went on a little holiday, Polar said it was time for us to have our baths.
Endon was first into the wash basin, because he wanted to get his paws clean after all his busy gardening work.

Then it was my turn to be washed.
To make sure all the soap bubbles were rinsed out of our fur, Polar ran a nice, warm bath for us to swim in, while Hanley and Huddlesford had their washes. 
Hanley wriggled when Polar picked him up to wash him and tried to run away, as he always says he likes to smell of bear, but Polar said he smelt of beer rather than bear, so he had to have a proper bath. 
Huddlesford enjoyed his bath in nice, gentle shampoo, then floating in the bath with the rest of us.  His fur was soon even glossier than it had been after his baths on the boat!
When Polar was sure we had washed all the suds out of our fur, it was time to get out of the bath and let the water drain out of our fur, then to wrap us in warm, fluffy towels.
Polar lifted us into the washing basket and carried us out into the garden, so the breeze and sunshine could dry us thoroughly.
Soon, we were stretched out on towel hammocks in the sunshine, pretending to be at the beach.

"I wonder if we are going to the beach on our holiday?" said Endon.
"I hope we see steam trains," said Hanley.

"I hope we see pretty gardens," said Endon.

"And I hope we see boats," I said.
And we all closed our eyes and made a wish for a happy holiday, which I'll tell you about in my next post.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment