Saturday 7 October 2017

A Small Bear says "Hello!"

Meet the Author!
Hello!

My name is Sonning Bear. Well, that's my name in one of your human languages.  In bear, it's GrrrrrrgrrrGrowl, but my human friends didn't know that when they called me Sonning.

As most of you reading this will be humans, you can call me Sonning too.

In my blog, I'm going to tell you about my journey from the Thames Valley to Stoke-on-Trent in Staffordshire, on board a boat called Uplander II.  I've had lots of adventures and I'm sure there will be even more in future, so I will tell you about those too.
I'll also show you how we made me lots of useful things, including my boating clothes, waterproofs and life-jacket, as I had nothing except a T-shirt when I first came aboard.

I'll let my friend Polar tell you how I got the name 'Sonning'.  Polar (or GrGrrGROWL in bear) isn't really her name.  I called her that when I didn't know her human name because she is very big and has white fur. 
Polar takes lots of photographs and likes writing stories, although most of them aren't about small bears.

I called her husband Grizzly (GRRRGrrrGRRRGrowl), because his fur is (mostly) brown.  Grizzly isn't as big as Polar.  He is very kind to all small animals, especially me and two human cubs who are his grandsons.
I hope you will enjoy reading about my journeys along the canals and rivers, about the places we visit and about the humans, animals and birds we meet along the way and along the Wey!  (That's a river in Surrey and my first go at a joke in English, so I'm sorry if it isn't very good).

It's almost small bear's bedtime now, so...

Bye, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment